Like the majority of the breathing population, I have been a self-diagnosed pinning addict for quite some time.
When we officially signed over the papers to buy our new house, I knew it was the perfect opportunity to take some of these amazing pins offline and make them a reality.
You know, actually get to the “do later” portion of “pin now, do later”
I may have sadly missed out on the wonderful world of Pinterest when I married my highschool sweetheart 7 years ago, but I knew I could pin the crap out of this new home.
Thus was born the #PinterestHouseProject.
Like the super-pinner I am, the board quickly grew to become of the the largest boards I have created. With over 110 pins and counting, there is no way I can incorporate all of them into my house immediately – plus my husband has already developed a auto-tone-out feature when I begun any sentence with “well I saw this thing on Pinterest today…“
The idea behind the #PinterestHouseProject is to create a board with pins focused around home decor inspiration and tips, as well as a few DIY projects. I looked for pins can all be realistically created or utilized in each specific room.
In a nut shell, I hired an interior decorator for my new house. Her name is Pinterest. I highly recommend her.
Each post I create will show the completed room in all it’s glory and will include links to the original tutorials. There were rare (and I mean rare – I am not a natural born crafter) occasions where I came up with an idea of my own. In those cases I will create a separate tutorial post to go over the details.
Here is are the rooms that I will be documenting in the #PinterestHouseProject:
- The Study (aka my Women Cave)
- The Master Bedroom – Coming soon
- The Master Bathroom – Coming soon
- Lilly’s Big Girl Room – Coming early Fall – I have a date with my old childhood vanity & a can of varnish first.
- The Family Room – Coming soon…following a paint job to our fireplace
- The Kitchen – Need to sort through the hundreds of pins on how to organize cupboards first…
- The Man Cave – Will be completed once I convince my husband to allow some Pinterest creations in his bar area…
- The Sewing/Craft Room – Currently a storage room (read: dumping ground from the move). Just let me find the floor first.
- The Guest Room – On the look out for some great used furniture pieces to restore and revive before I can finish this one.
- The Storage Room – The real one. A huge utility room with so much potential.
- The Garage – I need to light a major fire under the hubs for this one. Likely to come when the weather is a lot nicer.
- The Laundry Room – I can’t wait to do this one, but we need new machines first. Ours are beyond ghetto.
By the time it’s through I will have a house worthy of a magazine – at least in my eyes. It has been a lot of fun so far, sorting through ideas and watching them come to life.
I won’t lie, there has been a #PinterestFail or two. But that has been half the fun!
No, I’m lying. When something doesn’t magically go like the tutorial says it is irritating as all hell. However I am usually able to make it work or find something that does.
Ideally speaking, with a little patience, a keen eye and a modest budget, I will make this #PinterestHouseProject work. It will be beautiful.
I’ll leave you with a little preview of what’s to come next week…
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.